How will I belong as an international student at BJU Seminary?
BJU Seminary is approximately 20% international. Our students come from all 50 states in the U.S. and more than 40 countries around the world. With dozens of local, fundamental churches our students attend, you will have the option to get involved in a local body of believers, fellowship, serve, and be ministered to. Our Center for Global Opportunities coordinates outreach ministry both to our local Greenville community and beyond; the CGO will help you find a ministry where you can use what you learn in the classroom to reach beyond yourself. Seminary faculty will mentor you personally. BJU Seminary provides housing options both on campus and off. Our Academic Resource Center and support staff are ready to help with every need. Since many of our Seminary students work to earn additional funds, we can help connect you with a job on campus. And if you like, you can get involved in the International Student Organization to learn about other cultures and meet students from all over the world at a variety of cultural events through each academic year.
Who will help me get there?
We recognize that some students like to read and find information on their own, others like to build a relationship with an individual who is an expert at helping them to navigating the often complex documentation and visa process. We want to connect you with the staff of our Admission Office on campus, for all of your admission and visa needs. They can show you where to find information you need, and will “hold your hand” through each step. We recognize that many of our students have unique needs, and the staff of the Admission Office will pray with you and encourage you to pursue God’s will. Who knows, you may end up with a friend for life. The staff of our Admission Office are available M-F, 8am – 5pm Eastern U.S. time.
What is my admission process?
- Apply to BJU — Apply Now
- You should apply at least 6 months before you intend to enroll. It takes 6 months on average from the time of the first inquiry until the student secures an F-1 visa.
- Be prepared to include your personal profession of faith and two recommendations.
- Submit Required Documents
- Once you have finished your application, your admission counselor will connect with you and direct you to your next steps.
- Confirm Your Reservation
- The reservation deposit for international students is $250 and is applied to your first month’s tuition and fees. The reservation deposit is designed to be a commitment deposit and is refundable if you decide not to attend BJU prior to your official notification of admittance. After you are admitted, the deposit cannot be refunded.
If you’re planning to re-enroll as an international student, you should follow the international student admission timeline and note the following differences:
- If you have already had your TOEFL scores sent to BJU, you will not need to have the scores sent again.
- A credential evaluation is only required if you have taken coursework at a foreign school since you were last enrolled at BJU.
- You will fill out a different financial information form which does not require prepayment of the year’s fees.
You don’t need to pay the $295 application fee, but you do need to pay a $50 refundable reservation fee when you submit your application
In the application:
- If you are in the U.S. now and have a visa status, choose the correct one from the drop-down box.
- If you are not currently in the U.S., you should leave the visa status question blank.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Credentials Evaluation Report
- Financial Affidavit
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our International Student Guide will explain cultural adjustment and U.S. Immigration policies which will help you to stay in status as an international student in the U.S.
|Apply||Prior to March 1||Prior to July 1|
|Documentation||March 1–April 15|
|July 1–Aug. 15|
|Processing||April 15–May 30|
|Decision||June 1–July 30|
|Oct. 1–Dec. 1|
Shin Hye (Susan) Lee
Korean Admission Assistant
Kakaotalk ID: susan1003
Facebook: Shin Hye Susan Lee
Lingxian (Christina) Peng
Chinese Admission Assistant