Greg grew up in a pastor’s home in southern Michigan. He accepted Christ at a young age, and by his junior year in high school he had committed his life to teaching and preaching the Word of God. After studying Bible and Speech at Bob Jones University, he went on to earn a Master’s degree in Speech, during which time he served as an associate pastor at Grace Baptist Church in Starr, SC for four years. Upon graduation, he joined the faculty at Northland Baptist Bible College in Dunbar, Wisconsin. While at Northland he married his wife, Rena. Together they served on a ministry team helping to plant Grace Baptist Church in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
After only three years at Northland, the Lord opened the door for Greg to serve as Youth Pastor at Fourth Baptist Church in Minneapolis, MN, and to earn his Master of Divinity. He graduated from seminary and was formally ordained by Fourth Baptist before the Lord called him to pastor Bethany Bible Church in Hendersonville, NC for almost thirteen years. During those years of shepherding Bethany Bible, Greg earned a Master of Theology degree. Later, he took a two-year educational leave to earn his PhD, during which he served as the part-time music pastor of a small church.
Greg returned to Bethany and continued pastoring until January 2016 when the Lord provided the opportunity to join the faculty of Bob Jones Seminary. Greg teaches courses in New Testament, biblical exposition, and worship. He also serves as the coordinator of the Doctor of Ministry program and assists with administrative planning. In addition to teaching, Greg currently pastors Gateway Baptist Church in Greenville, SC. Greg and his wife Rena have five children.1
- PhD, Biblical Studies – New Testament, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- ThM, Theology, Erskine Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Master of Divinity, Central Baptist Theological Seminary
- MA, Interpretative Speech, Bob Jones University
- BA, Interpretative Speech, Bob Jones University
- Biblical Historical Backgrounds (SOT 887, SNT 887)
- Exposition of Paul’s Shorter Epistles (SNT 616)
- Exposition of the Synoptic Gospels (SNT 611)
- New Testament Introduction (SNT 681)
- New Testament Messages (Bi 109)
- Theology of Worship (STh 706, SCM 706)
1 Bio information from website of Gateway Baptist Church.