Residential courses extend over the Fall and Spring semesters with a break in the middle of each semester. To make these courses available for distance students, many classes are live-streamed. Because of these multiple class options, the graduate certificate is totally available from a distance and is designed to transfer flawlessly into the MA in Biblical Counseling as well as the Master of Divinity with a Biblical Counseling concentration. (Click icons for information.)
ADVANCED TRAINING FOR BIBLICAL COUNSELORS
A graduate certificate in Biblical Counseling will prepare you for a counseling ministry in your local church, on the mission field, at summer camps, in biblical counseling centers, classrooms, Christian camps—any place that people are looking for someone to help them apply God’s answers to life’s challenges. The recently revised and updated courses are taught by highly credentialed biblical counselors with years of counseling experience. The courses are essential in shaping your understanding of counseling and enable you to focus your preparation for specific counseling needs.
You may have experienced the struggle involved in offering genuine help to confused or hurting people. How do you identify their real needs? How do you know your answers are truly biblical? Or how do you walk them down the path to healing and spiritual growth? These struggles are exactly why we offer the graduate certificate in Biblical Counseling. You may not have the time or desire right now to earn the full master’s degree, but you can still receive essential training in Biblical Counseling with this graduate certificate. Students need only have a bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 GPA to enroll in a graduate certificate program at BJU Seminary.
Graduate Certificate Program (18 Credits)
Each student will be able to:
- Apply the theological framework of progressive sanctification and sufficiency of Scripture in relationship to biblical counseling.
- Apply a biblical methodology that facilitates change and growth to the glory of God in individuals who struggle with multiple counseling issues.
- Critique secular and integrational counseling theories and methodologies from a biblical counseling perspective.
- SCM 631: Theories of Counseling (3)
- SCM 632: Foundations of Biblical Counseling (3)
- SCM 633: Counseling Issues (3)
- SCM 635: Advanced Counseling Issues (3)