At BJU Seminary we want to enable our men and their wives to be trained together so that they can be be fully equipped to serve together. Although teachers, classes, books, and projects are important to a seminary student’s preparation for ministry, a man’s wife is also important to his success in the work of the Lord.
That’s why the Seminary Wives Institute exists — to provide relevant ministry training and mentoring for the wives of the men in our seminary. Through monthly training sessions, opportunities to pursue formal training and a community of like-minded women, the SWI seeks to support our seminary wives in their current ministries and equip them for future opportunities.
- Monthly training sessions throughout the semester led by experienced women in ministry
- Instruction that is relevant to current ministry situations
- Engaging topics discussed in an informal atmosphere
Free Graduate Certificate
If you qualify, you can earn a graduate certificate in biblical counseling or teaching Bible free of charge! These 12- and 18-credit certificates are built around core seminary classes that will help prepare you for practical ministry opportunities.
- Husband is taking a full time load in the master of divinity (at least 8 credits) or in the doctor of ministry or the doctor of philosophy program (at least one class).
- Each applicant must have a bachelor’s degree.
SPRING 2022 Schedule
This spring SWI will hold three in-person sessions. All meetings will begin at 7 p.m. Email [email protected] for more information.
Speaker: Terry Pettit, wife of President Steve Pettit
Speaker: Martie Spurgeon, Director of Child Loss Support at Piedmont Women’s Center
Speaker: Michelle Benson, wife of Executive Vice President Alan Benson
If you are interested in participating in the Seminary Wives Institute, please fill out this no-obligation form so we can provide you with more information.